QNAP TS-EC880U R2, featuring the easy-to-use QTS operating system, provides a reliable and scalable NAS solution to fulfill data backup, file synchronization and remote access. The TS-EC880U R2 is 10GbE-ready, delivers exceptional performance, and supports cross-platform file sharing, comprehensive backup solutions, iSCSI and virtualization applications, and many practical business functions, making it the ideal choice for SMBs to secure important business data. It also includes abundant multimedia applications backed by its powerful hardware specifications.
- Built-in 10GbE, highly-efficient storage solution for HD video editing and sharing
- 3,700+ MB/s throughput and 400,000+ IOPS
- Two internal cache ports and up to 4 SSDs for caching
- Scalable design, up to 816TB raw capacity
- Virtualization-ready, centralized data storage, backup, sharing and disaster recovery
||TS-EC880U-E3-4GE-R2: Intel® Xeon® E3-1246 v3 Quad-core processor
Total memory slots: 4
System memory: 4 GB DDR3 ECC RAM
Memory module pre-installed: 2 GB x2
Memory expandable up to: 32 GB (8GB x4)
- When upgrading RAM to more than 28GB, the original 4GB RAM modules must be removed.
- For the information of RAM module installation and compatible NAS models, please refer to the QNAP RAM Module Installation Guide
|Internal Cache Port
Two mSATA port on board for read caching
Note: The standard system is shipped without mSATA flash. For the optional mSATA flash, please visit
||8 x 3.5-inch SATA 6Gbps/3Gbps hard drive or 2.5-inch SATA, 6Gbps/3Gbps hard drive SSD hard drive
- The standard system is shipped without hard drives.
- For the hard drive compatibility list, please visit Compatibility list
|Hard Drive Tray
||8 x hot-swappable and lockable tray
Built-in 2 x 10 GbE (SFP+) and 4 x GbE
40GbE is optional
1. For the optional network card compatibility list, please visit Compatibility list of Expansion Card
2. For the information of network card installation, please refer to chapter 6 in the Turbo NAS Hardware Manual.
||Status, 10 GbE, LAN, eSATA, storage expansion port status
4x USB 3.0 port (rear)
4x USB 2.0 port (rear)
Support USB printer, pen drive, USB hub, and USB UPS etc.
||System: Power button and reset button
||88(H) x 442.5(W) x 530.5(D) mm
3.46(H) x 17.42(W) x 20.89(D) inch
||Net weight (NAS only) : 14.39 kg/ 31.72 lb
Gross weight (with packing and accessories) : 20.54 kg/ 45.28 lb
||Sound pressure (LpAm) :55.2 dB(A)
|Power Consumption (W)
||Sleep mode: 73.38
In Operation: 133.88 W
(with 12 x 1TB hard drive installed)
||5~95% non-condensing, wet bulb: 27˚C.
Input: 47-63 Hz; 100-127V~/ 8A; 200-240V/ 4A
||2 (Right slot: 1* PCIe Gen3 x8; Left slot: 1* PCIe Gen3 x4)
The PCIe Gen3 x8 slot is occupied by a 10GbE network adapter.
||4 x 6 cm smart cooling fan
||USB 3.0 Port x 4
10 GbE, Status, LAN, Storage Expansion Port Status
||Password & Network Settings Reset Button
||Dual port 10GbE SFP+
||USB 2.0 Port x 4
||PCIe slot (PCIe Gen3 x4)
||Gigabit LAN x 4
The TS-x80 rack mount models comply with ANSI/EIA-RS-310-D rack mounting standards. Before purchasing the server racks for these models, please make sure the server racks conform to the following criteria:
1. Rack size
- Mounting post width : ≥ 451mm
- Panel width : ≥ 485mm
- Mounting post depth : 579.1mm~873.5mm
- The distance between two rack posts is 465mm (center-to-center measurement of the rack’s square holes)
2. The optional rack kits for the TS-x80 rack mount models are only compatible with square-hole server racks.
* Tseting Environment:
Refer to ISO 7779, ISO 3744 ,Telcordia GR 63 CORE and ETSI EN 300 753 ; Maximum HDD loaded ; 40HL ½ ” High Sensitivity
Microphone at the by stander position. ; Background noise is 6.5 ~ 7.0dB(A) ; Ambient temperature is 21 ± 2℃ ; Relative humidity is 63% ± 5%